Sunday, February 16, 2014

Saturday and Sunday

Saturday we traveled to have Emma's medical checkup.  Very crowded clinic, about 100 families there to get a checkup before the travel VISA can be issued.  Emma passed all tests, she had to get a blood test to test for TB.  They do that instead of the pin prick test.  I was not allowed to go in to watch the blood work, but when Emma came out she was crying. That is the first time that she has cried for me.  She was very sad. 

On Sunday, after breakfast, we took a short cab ride to Shamian Island.  We found the Christ Church near a hotel named The White Swan.  At 11:00 they had a Chinese/English service.  The service was crowded with many people.  Emma sat quietly with me.....she especially loved the music.  On a large screen, the English and Chinese words were displayed as the music played. I of course sang the songs in English, but also tried to sing the Chinese words.  By the end of the service I think I was actually singing the words.  Emma was even singing some.  After the church service we had lunch at a restaurant named Lucy's, shopped for a bit, and stopped for a coffee and tea at Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment